Our specialty trained staff here at San Diego Post-Acute know that when someone is suffering with the progressive stages of memory loss, they will need continued support and assistance. We also understand that each case is uniquely different and deserves the utmost attention and care. We offer the care and attention needed to help with this process in each unique case.
Memory care offers 24-hour supervised care with meals, activities and health management for residents. Our activity program focus on cognitive stimulation, safety recognition, and resident/staff awareness. Our memory care unit is equipped with specially trained nurses and staff so that all residents can benefit from a personalized care plan to meet each ones individual needs.
We offer the following services in memory care:
- Comfortable private, or semi-private, rooms
- Daily meals
- Housekeeping and laundry service
- Medication management
- Exercise and physical therapy programs
- Specialized activity programs
- Cognitive stimulation
- Safety awareness
- Resident/staff awareness
- Personalized care plans
- Social programs
- 24-hour staffing and personal assistance
Our personalized care focuses on:
- Creating appropriate treatment options for each resident
- Monitoring treatment effectiveness as each resident progresses
- Exploring alternatives as needed
- Creating individual goals for treatment and tolerance
Here are some helpful brochures from the Alzheimer’s Association to help you better understand Alzheimer’s and Dementia. Knowledge is the best tool in helping each loved one during this important time.